As well as subscribing to the Ethical guidelines of ICF and CTI, I personally hold and/or emphasize the following principles:
1. Hold confidentiality for my clients, including their names except as otherwise authorized by my client, or as required by law. I will obtain agreement from my clients before releasing their names as clients or references.
2. Hold clients naturally resourceful, creative and whole and capable of finding their own answers
3. Refer clients I can't champion
4. Refer clients to specialists when skills needed are beyond my competence
5. Not coach people who do not voluntarily enter the coaching relationship. I will however recommend a coaching session to inform their choice.
6. Not coach people who are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
7. Not coach people involved in criminal activities
8. Hold corporate clients' big A Agenda before the corporation's agenda
9. Hold total transparency about reporting
10. Keep working on my own personal and professional development